Sunday 1 June 2014

MY JOURNAL - JOURNEY OF LIFE

Saturday, 22nd March 2014

The first day of my mid-term break. Everything moved very slow and steady. As usual, as a Muslim, I started my day with Fajr prayers, and then continued sleeping. We had brunch at our favorite place; I had sunny side omelet with hash brown potatoes and a cup of tea with mint leaves.
We stopped at a bookshop; Kinokuniya at Level 4 of KLCC. This is one of my favorite bookstores and sometimes I treat this place as a library for free and easy reading. I love this place very much. It has a large variety of books, especially Japanese Manga and Dragon Ball. I have a small collection of Dragon Ball comics and CDs of Kamen Rider.

We adjourned to a cinema to watch a new movie; 300: The Rise of an Empire. When I was at Sayfol International School, I learned about the history of the Ancient Egyptians, the Romans, the Greeks, the Anglo-Saxons, the Vikings and the Tudors. I appreciate this genre of movie. This movie was directed by Noam Murro and this was a prequel and sequel to the 2007 film "300", Zack Snyder's fictionalized retelling of the Battle of Thermopylae, where King Leonidas leads 300 Spartans into battle against Persian "God King" Xerxes and his army of more than one million soldiers. The film covers the Battle of Artemisia (a possible reference to the Battle of Salamis or the Battle of Artemisium which was concurrent with the battle at Thermopylae) was fought between an alliance of Greek city-states and the Persian Empire in September 480 BC, in the straits between the mainland and Salamis, an island in the Saronic Gulf near Athens. It marked the high point of the second Persian invasion of Greece which had begun in 480 BC. It will also cover some of Xerxes' backstory, explaining how he became the "God King".

The movie was very cruel, especially the war scenes, but it was totally worth watching it. I plan to watch Captain America before coming back to the hostel. My family, especially my mother, loves watching movies.
At night, I did revision for Additional and Modern Mathematics for my upcoming Level One exam for Add Math and Modern Math under Miss Suzaina’s supervision. I have completed my Modern Mathematics and Additional Mathematics for Form 4 and 5 last year, under tutelage of Encik Ahmat. He was an amazing teacher who guided me in all the topics. I give my thanks to him for helping me come this far. Later, I updated my blog and played computer games; Minecraft. I also checked my Facebook and Instagram before I ended my day.

Sunday, 23rd March 2014
Today was very thrilling as my family and I had the opportunity to go to Sunway Lagoon today. It has been a long time since I last went to Sunway Lagoon. The last time I went there was about two years ago, when I was ten years. I woke up at 6.30 a.m. for Subuh prayers in congregation led by my father, and then recited ‘zikir’ and ‘dua’. At around 8.30 a.m., after showering, dressing up and having breakfast, we brought our bags to the car and drove for 30 minutes to Sunway Lagoon.

Since today was a Sunday, the traffic was very smooth and we arrived at Sunway Lagoon at 9.30 a.m. When we arrived at the counter, there were not many people lining up to buy tickets. My father paid for the Family Package, which is only offered during school holidays, for two children and two adults for about RM275. He also uploaded RM150 to the bracelets since all of the purchases made in Sunway Lagoon were made cashless. We waited until 10.00 a.m. before entering the big theme park. While waiting to enter, I was very excited and many foreigners were cueing to enter, especially the tourists from the Middle East. When we entered the park, we were greeted by many of the theme park’s mascots. I was surprised when I saw three of the mascots; a big monster, an axe-wielding killer and another pole-holding killer. We also took photos with them.

We started by going to the Water Park. We changed to our swimming attire and went to the Wave Pool, a long pool with depths from 0.5 meters to 2.2+ meters which has artificial waves. We put our belongings near the pool under a hut and then my parents rented a double tube from the rental counter for RM30. We then played in the Wave Pool for a while before I headed to two other rides with my brother.
This time, I have decided to try all of the extreme rides. The last visit, I was scared to try. The first ride was the slithery adventures of the African Pythons. I felt scared in the beginning, but it was fun on the other hand. Later, I tried the six-lane Congo Challenge, which was full of adrenaline and thrill.Finally, I tried the Cameroon Climb with my brother, Ryan. My brother and I never shouted or closed our eyes and enjoyed during the trip down the very slithery and watery adventures on the wild side of the Waters of Africa.

 After a few trials on the rides, at around 12:30 p.m., we had lunch at Station One restaurant. We ate chicken rice and had coke for drinks. After lunch, I proceeded to the next ride, one of the best rides in Sunway Lagoon; the Vuvuzela. The Vuvuzela is the world’s highest, largest and most thrilling water ride. Its slide with twists and turns of 152 meters and its 22-meter long funnel. On the first try, I climbed the eleven-storey high staircase, and then rocketed through a thrilling series of twist and turns of 152 meters in length which can be likened to riding in rapids in a flooding river. The raft plummeted into the world’s largest water funnel of 22 meters in diameter and experienced zero gravity. I shot up the other side of the funnel to reach the apex of the Vuvuzela through similar thrilling oscillations before exiting the flume in one final splashtacular plunge. The Vuvuzela was thrilling, big and loud. It was very scary and awesome. The raft almost turned 90o. After going on the scary slide, I went for a second time, this time with my brother.

Later, we adjourned to the dry parks. We started with the Scream Park. When we arrived at the Scream Park, we entered the Haunted House. In the Haunted House, many of the things in it scared me; the zombies and the sounds of door shutting. I was at the back of the line. Unknowingly, a zombie tried to walk behind my father. At the end of the Haunted House, an axe-wielding killer suddenly appeared, swinging his axe, almost hitting me. I felt very shocked, surprised and scared.

After the Haunted House, we went on the Wheel Wagon, a Ferris wheel to cool down and remove the stress from the Haunted House. After that, we went to another ride. It was very nice. It was a very fun, thrilling, surprising and memorable day for me. This time, I was not like was before; now I am willing to take the risk, all for enjoyment. That ends my day.

Monday, 24th March 2014
Third day of my mid-term break. My dad and mum were working that day. They placed me at my grandparents’ house in the adjacent neighborhood. I took along a load of books and my novel, The Testament by John Grisham. I have a very wide variety of John Grisham, James Patterson and Agatha Christie as well as J.K. Rowling novels but my favorite authors are still John Grisham and James Patterson.
My mother has a huge collection of novels, especially about women-related issues. Her favorite series is the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and the Sophie Kinsella series. We have a mini library in our house with a collection of around two thousand books, including three set of encyclopedia and a collection of bibliographies and memoirs like Prophet Muhammad s.a.w., Tun Mahathir, Lee Kuan Yew, Mathma Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. We also have caricatures of Dato’ Latt.

In the afternoon, I went to the mosque with my grandfather to pray Zuhur. My grandfather retired auditors from Felda Trading and is currently an insurance agent of Etiqa. He is a very kind, pious and gentle man. Later, I helped my grandmother to sort out the clothes, thread and clean up the mess. My grandmother is a tailor. She can sew clothes and women’s scarf (tudung). She has her own collection of designs. She is also a ‘tudung’ designer. She sells about forty to fifty pieces a week. She is also able to sew curtains and ‘baju kurung’. She is very details and dedicated to her work. She also is good in cooking. She took care of my brother and I since the first day we were born. She is strict but has a pure heart. She always advices me to pray as instructed by Allah s.w.t. She is also very pious and always recites the Quran.

At night, I continued with the revision for Mathematics and started with Chemistry. As usual, I updated my Instagram, Facebook and played games. Though I am busy with other matters, I never forget to update myself of the latest news of the ill-fated flight MH370. After our Prime Minister announced that the MH370 flight ended in the Southern Indian Ocean, I felt very sad and would like to give my deepest condolences to the relatives of the passengers and crew of the MH370 flight. I also did research on the Doppler Effect of how Inmarsat is able to trace the journey of MH370 towards the Southern Corridor. That ends my day.

Tuesday, 25th March 2014
As usual, we started our day as what Muslims do. I followed my father to his office. My father has his own legal firm known as MESSRS. AZAM IDZHAM AZMAN & PARTNERS in Kuala Lumpur and Shah Alam. I love to come to my father’s office due to its high UniFi speed, 10 gigabytes. It is really fast. I can download games and videos in no time.
On the same time, I learned French from YouTube and surfed the Internet on MH370’s updates. In the evening, I just watched television; Korean drama. That ends my day.

Wednesday, 26th March 2014
As usual, we started our day as what Muslims do. I still followed my father to his office. I finished up my James Patterson novel for the whole day.
I updated my blog, Facebook and Instagram. Not many activities today. I just let the time flow. At night, I continued my Mathematics revision to prepare for the exam after the mid-term break. Later on, I just watched TV before going to sleep. That ends my day.

Thursday, 27th March 2014
As usual, we started our day with prayers and d’ua. I still followed my father to his office. I continued downloading games, videos and songs to my iPhone 3GS.
On the same time, I continued learning French from YouTube and updated my blog, Facebook and Instagram. At night, I recited Quran and learned Agama with my father. Later on, I just watched TV before going to sleep. That ends my day.

Friday, 28th March 2014
Today, my parents decided to go to Muar. We started our day at 6.45 a.m. Since today was a Friday, after Fajr prayers, we continued with zikir, tahlil and dua. My father continued reciting Al-Kahfi. My mother was busy packing and I was busy arranging all of my stuff to take back to the hostel. We decided to stop at PermataPintar on the way to Muar.

On the way to Muar, I checked Facebook and continued doing my revision on Chemistry. I also started to write my journal after seeing a post from Miss Dee on the K3: Foundation 1 group. I quite prefer to write it in Microsoft Word instead of pens due to its easy editing process. I also called Hakim to inform about the post. We intend to stop at Hakim’s house in Tangkak, Muar but due to the short time available, we proceeded straight to Muar town. The first stop was my uncle’s house. He was not well and he was recently discharged from the hospital due to lung problem. I played with my cousins and each of us updated on our studies.

The next house was my aunt’s house. Her house is surrounded by an orchard of mangosteens, durians, dukus, and rambutans. She is very kind but her husband is having a prostate problem and is in the process of curing. I also continued my journal at my aunt’s house.

Every time we visit Muar, we never fail to enjoy Muar food, especially mee bandung, mee rebus, satay, rojak petis and nasi briyani. The food in Muar is very mouth-watering. Muar is also famous for its green mussels. We’re used to cook spaghetti bolognaise with seafood, especially prawns and mussels.
While we were enjoying food under the sky at the Muar riverbank, all of a sudden, it started to rain. Luckily, we almost finished our meal and urgently back to the hotel. We stayed at Muar Traders Hotel facing the Muar River and close to the Straits of Malacca. Another beauty of Muar is Tanjung Muar, which was decorated with trees of light. My family played kites and light toys. It was so fun. Further, I like to see the sunset at the Muar River facing the Straits of Malacca. It is so beautiful and cool.

I continued updating the journal up to this day and ended it here, in my hotel bed, all cozy and comfy. That ends my day.

No comments: