Sunday 1 June 2014

MY JOURNAL - JOURNEY OF LIFE

Sunday, 9th March 2014

Havoc! Havoc! Havoc! Havoc! The whole nation was shocked that the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200ER MH370 plane en route to Beijing disappeared and lost contact half an hour after takeoff from KLIA. It was carrying 227 passengers from fifteen nationalities and 12 crew members. Its last known position was 6o55’15”N 103o34’43”E. My whole family glued themselves to the television watching Astro Awani and CCTV China for the latest updates on the missing plane. I pray that MH370 will be found as soon as possible and in a safe condition.

I had a normal Sunday routine; swimming in the morning and later had a good brunch at a nearby restaurant. I like to eat at A. Hassan Ayam Kampung. The menu there is appealing and delicious. Later, the family urgently went to One Cinemas in Spectrum, Ampang to watch Pompeii.

Pompeii is about a slave turned invincible gladiator who finds himself in a race against time to save his true love, the beautiful daughter of a wealthy merchant who has been unwillingly betrothed to a corrupt Roman Senator. As Mount Vesuvius erupts in a torrent of blazing lava, he must fight his way out of the arena in order to save his beloved as the once magnificent Pompeii crumbles around him.
We thought we could watch another movie “300: Rise of an Empire” but we had to cancel it as it only starts at 3:45 p.m. as the time was 1:30 p.m. Furthermore, I had to continue my revision, complete my Agama Islam assignment and prepare a speech for my robot. In the evening, I continue my revision in Physics and Chemistry before I called it a day.

Monday, 10th March 2014
After Subuh prayer, I instantly switched on the television to continue getting the latest updates about the MH370 plane. So far, no evidence has been found but there been a lot of speculations and theories about the missing plane.

First, the plane may have landed at Nanning Airport in China. Secondly, it may have been hijacked like the MH653 in the year 1977 at Tanjung Kupang, Johor.
They found a new discovery; two passengers have boarded the flight with stolen passports of an Italian and an Austrian. They suspect that the two passengers were terrorists and hijackers.

I have uploaded my two video clips of the pieces “MARIAGE D’AMOUR” and “SOVUENIR D’ENFANCE” on Facebook. I’m very glad and happy because many people commented and liked the two pieces. Later, I updated my blog (http://www.zoeyzeffrey.blogspot.com) about the missing MH370 flight. I started to maintain this blog since I was five years old.

As usual, I continued my revision, this time, French, PJK and Agama Islam. I fetched my brother from school today. I was very happy that I could meet my friends and teachers. I was very happy to meet up with my old Mathematics teacher, Mr. Teh, who is 69 years old. He started teaching when he was 22 years old at a government school (at that time was English medium). After retiring, he joined Sri Chempaka International School and later joined Stella Maris Primary School. He was a great guru. He treated me to a drink then my friends, Melvert and Hakimi called me to follow them to their van so I could say hello. I was very, very, very happy to see my friends. They use the English medium to communicate unlike at PERMATApintarTM where they use the Malay medium to communicate. I have problems in the Malay language. Not many of my classmates are fluent in English. They look at me like a weird person as Malay who does master the Malay language. I come from an English- speaking family. My father is a lawyer with two firms in Kuala Lumpur and Shah Alam.

I studied at my first school, SAYFOL International School from Primary 1 till Primary 5. I followed the IGSCE and British syllabus over there. I have friends all over the world. Later, I moved to Stella Maris Primary School, Ampang and studied for two years.  This school, on the other hand, follows Malaysian and Singaporean syllabus.
At night, I continued revision again for Biology and Mathematics again before calling it a day.


Tuesday, 11th March 2014
Today, my father was on leave to supervise me at home. I had breakfast with my grandparents at Bukit Indah. This is one of our family’s favourite restaurants to have breakfast. My grandfather advised me; study hard, focus and always believe in myself and never forgetting to perform prayers and to recite Quran. My grandmother advised me to take care of my hygiene and to recite du’a before anything I do. I remembered that and will not forget to preach and practice every day.

I spent about one and a half hours to watch television to know more about the missing MH370 flight. I prayed that the people on board would be safe. To the family members, be strong and accept the fate and destiny in life.

I continued studying non-stop for Physics, Chemistry and Agama Islam. My father guided me in each subject. My father is very reliable and can be trusted all of the time. He did science stream when he did ‘O’ level and economics for ‘A’ level. He has three degrees from various universities i.e. Degree in Economics from University of Malaya, Degree in Law from University Technology of MARA and Degree in Islamic Law (Syariah) from the International Islamic University of Islam, Malaysia. My mother can teach me Mathematics since she has a degree and masters in Science from Universiti Utara Malaysia and Universiti Putra Malaysia. I’m very glad and lucky to have a family who can assist me in my studies. On top of that, I have special guidance by my uncle, Professor Dr. Azali, who is currently a Vice Chancellor of MARA Polytechnic, Malaysia. He guided me in achieving my dreams to be a cardio thoracic surgeon. He also updated me on the most recent universities all around the world. He also advised me to sit for ‘O’ level as a private candidate and later ‘A’ level in order to be accepted into the top universities in the United Kingdom especially the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. I have already decided not to take SAT, which means not studying in the United States of America but to take ‘A’ and ‘O’ level and to study in the University of Cambridge.

I practiced piano again since at PERMATApintarTM I do not have access to the piano. The piano has been moved from the DewanMakan to an unknown area. I hope they bring it out from its hiding place. The weakness of studying at the hostel is I cannot practice the piano whenever I like.
I went with my father to fetch my brother again. This time, I met more of my friends at school. I was very, very, very happy to see them again.
At night, I practiced my speech and printed out one for my partner, Hakim. There ends my day.


Wednesday, 12th March 2014

My father drove me to the hostel very early in the morning. I reached at about 7.05 a.m. After breakfast, I proceeded to the morning assembly. We got a briefing about the upcoming examination by Miss Ng. At 9.00 a.m., I went to class and did my own revision online. I went to http://www.brilliant.org to do Mathematics exercises. I prefer online revision to normal reading due to its syllabus. Online revision has an updated syllabus. At PermataPintar, we are only given two textbooks for Biology and Physics for revision. I’m very lucky that my cousins gave a lot of books to me for studying. We have not been given any library cards or online access to UKM Tun Sri Lanang Library as mentioned by Prof. DatukNoriah during the first briefing. I hope the faculty will look up this matter. We have to rely on online materials for assignments and revision. We are lucky that the WiFi speed is very fast and does not make videos buffer. But, we will often tend to glue ourselves to the computer of some of which them misinterpret that we are playing online games all the time. Furthermore, most of the announcements have been put on Facebook under Program PendidikanPermataPintar.

After tea at 10.30 a.m., I was called to the Meeting Room for a disciplinary case before the Discipline Committee. The meeting was chaired by Associate Prof. Dr. Arif. The meeting lasted for about less than an hour. I hope he will feel remorse and repented by his actions.


At night time, I had preparation classes at room. I’m very happy. Normally, I have preparation classes in my homeroom which is not conducive, noisy and uncontrollable. Everybody sits in their own group; I have to study on my own. I hope I can excel in my exams and pass with flying colors. At 10:30 p.m. I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

No comments: